The six rules of networking
Created by: Marcello Bachechi
Modified on: Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 4:01 PM
- The server Server_HostName.txt file is always set to localhost
- The client Server_HostName.txt file is always set to the name of the computer of the server
- The Server3S.exe application must be allowed through the firewall for both private and public connections
- No two computers on the network can have the same name
- All computers must remain on the same network.
(If you have a computer on network A and a computer on network B they have no path to communicate)
- You must have a router on your network.
(If you use a switch you must have one ethernet cable connected to a router to work)
Never run 3S on a computer via WiFi or Wireless. We ask that all users use Ethernet cables to connect computers to the router.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.